
For the last two mornings my Bible class has been interupted by two friendly little faces peering in through the open door, followed by two playful little bodies pushing their way into my classroom to climb on my chairs and lick my desks. I never knew baby goats were interested in the Bible, or maybe they're just lonely and/or curious, who knows. I guess I really don't mind the interuption, they are so fun to watch, and the kids are simply enchanted (although my little girl is a little reluctant to sit in her goat-salaiva covered desk now). It reminds me to stop and take pleasure in the simple things of life. God shows us He loves us a hundred different ways each day, but I am very often too busy to pay attention. The goats remind me how much God cares for all His creatures. These particular goats are very special to me as well, because they belong to Mario*, the boy I sponsor. He loves these goats so much. God has given him a very special gift, a special way with animals. Mario has many struggles in his life, he has no family, no one else in the world except for those here in the Hogar. I shudder to think where he would be right now if someone had not thought it worth the effort to feed him, clothe him, give him education, teach him about God, love him, and take the time to discover his precious gifts and talents. Or what about Ana and her beautiful voice? Or Mary's beauty hidden behind her fear and shyness? Or Annie's way of making people feel loved and special? Mark's talent for languages, or Mannie's amazing talent for anything musical?

Who would have discovered these? Who would have taken the time to tell them that they mattered, that Someone thought them worth giving His life for? That is why I am here. For Mario, for Ana, for Mary and all the others. Not a single effort will have been wasted, not a single heart-felt prayer will go unheard in heaven.
There has been a situation here that threatened the existance of this place. There has been much praying and pleading going on these last few months. Thankfully, there has also been much strengthening of faith and trusting in God. This last week God worked a major miracle in our behalf. If you have ever doubted God's power or His love for His children, let me tell you right now that my God is in control and He can do anything He wants and He will NEVER abandon His children. While there is much rejoicing because of this miracle, there is also more waiting, because God isn't done yet. Maybe it sounds wrong to say that God worked half a miracle, but I think it actually expresses faith. We can thank Him now for what He will do. We still have a need, and seeing the first part of the miracle only strenthens our faith that He will complete the rest of it. I have no idea how or when, but stay tuned, because it's going to be awesome to watch!

*names have been changed
1 comment:
Praise the Lord for working yet another amazing miracle! Thank you so much for keeping us updating.
Of course, you can imagine this particular post was intriguing to me with the goats and all. You'll have to pet one of the goats just for me. ;)
I just spent my afternoon planting a bunch of seeds inside so they will be seedlings ready to plant this fall. I remember all of our efforts to plant marigolds last year. Thanks for all of your enthusiastic help!
I pray for you often as you continue in the Lord's work in El Salvador.
God bless!
Post a Comment