"Does your mommy love you?" I was hanging out in one of the girl's rooms while she was ironing my hair. We were just chatting, and I had just made some comment about my mom. That's when the question was posed by the little girl who was supposed to be sleeping the next bed. "Of course she loves me, what a silly question!", popped immediately out of my mouth. As soon as I said it I realized how careless it was. I simply take it for granted that my mom loves me, that she always has. But for this little girl, that probably is not true. Her mother may not have wanted her, or at the very least, was unable to care for her. I have the enormous blessing of been born in a loving family who has always cared for me and given me everything I needed. I have always been safe, and I have never wanted for anything, and I have never had to wonder if my family loved me. Praise God for a mother's love.


Yesterday was the day of meetings. The day began at 8:45am with Sabbath School and church. Afterwards we had a yummy potluck at the director's house, that was nice and relaxing. At 3pm we headed back for a baptism (3 little boys were baptized - praise the Lord!),
then straight from that into JA (the service we always have Sat. evenings), then we had a small break for supper before heading to the all-night prayer vigil (well, until midnight anyway). The vigil was interesting. Each hour had a different theme. There was lots of singing and preaching and then a few minutes at the end of each hour to pray for a specific topic. I was pretty tired by the end, but I think it went well. One thing that was pretty cool for me was getting to pray with some people I don't usually get the opportunity to.
then straight from that into JA (the service we always have Sat. evenings), then we had a small break for supper before heading to the all-night prayer vigil (well, until midnight anyway). The vigil was interesting. Each hour had a different theme. There was lots of singing and preaching and then a few minutes at the end of each hour to pray for a specific topic. I was pretty tired by the end, but I think it went well. One thing that was pretty cool for me was getting to pray with some people I don't usually get the opportunity to.Today I spent doing lesson planning, since I start my new teaching job tomorrow! Exciting stuff.
Whatever this week holds for you, keep walking with God and it will be quite the grand adventure!
No comments:
Post a Comment