I recieved a newsletter this week, from the organization that runs the orphanage where I am going. Not surprisingly, many of the children's villages around the world are suffering financially. I was, however, surprised to find an article about "El Hogar" (what we call the orphange), stating that unless some financial help came in soon, the orphange would most likely have to close. I have to admit that my first reaction upon reading that was one of panic. What will happen to all the children? Where will they go? How can this be happening?!
But God spoke to my heart and reminded me that I have no reason to fear. These are His kids, and He takes responsibility for their care (there are several Bible verses indicating that God takes special care of orphans). God has all the resources in the world, it all belongs to Him. So now is not the time to worry, but instead, it's time to praise God for the way He will bring Glory to His name and reveal His character of love in the way He provides for His children!
2 comments:
Hey Mandy,
I'm glad to see you have your blog up and running! I will look forward to hearing about how God is working in El Salvador, and about all your adventures there. We are praying for you!
God bless you as you go.
You are looking through eyes of faith. That's the best vision in the world. Thanks for the email about your blog! I will do my best to keep up with your adventures this year. :) Take care!
Post a Comment