Friday, January 1, 2010

The First Games of 2010

Run, Mandy, hurry up! My legs feeling like they were about to give way, I struggled to keep up with the group of boys running all over campus. We had to finish before the other team! A picture in the greenhouses, then run to the other end for a picture kissing the cow, then another all of us squeezed into a tiny bathroom. Unfortunately, our team did not win, so we will see our penalty is :) After some other social games, a few fireworks, and a couple movies, we finally hit the sack around 2 am. I have to say, this was one of my favorite New Year's Eves. We started things the previous afternoon with a special communion service - with special emphasis on forgiveness and restoring relationships. So we welcomed the new year with a sense of peace and togetherness that I hope will last. Some may think I'm crazy, but I believe there is a real possibility that this will be our last New Year, that this just well might be the year that Jesus comes. Oh how I long for that to be true! He promised that He would come back for us, and He will keep His promise. No need to worry. No need to be afraid. What a year this is going to be!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

May it be so. And may we be found ready, whatever day or year.