Do you realize how little time we have left on this earth? I know, many of you have heard the same thing over and over again since you were born, "Jesus is coming soon". But the fact that it's been repeated many times doesn't diminish its validity.
Jesus IS coming soon, and I mean very soon. Sooner than soon. The signs are there, we know it's true, but sometimes, I think we get too caught up in the perplexities of daily living, and we miss the big picture. That's what's happened to me lately.
I've forgotten my purpose for being here in El Salvador, I've forgotten my purpose for living. I've gotten so caught up in the drama of living with people, I've forgotten that I came to love them. At times I can be very naive. I like to think
people can be trusted, and that people are basically good. It's not true. God is the only one you can trust, He's the only one you can count on. It's scary at first, depending soley on God. The world teaches that you are the only one you can
count on. You have to make things happen for yourself. But I am helpless. Absolutely helpless. I'm a sinner, and there's nothing I can do to save myself. My only hope is the mercy of a loving Savior. Just as Moses lifted up the serpent in dessert
, Jesus Christ was lifted up on a cross to save us from our sins. The people were dying, but all they had to do was look up at the serpent, and they would recive instant healing. But so many refused to look up. They could have lived, but they
chose death. Today is no different. We are so sick in sin. We are dying. But there is hope! All we have to do is look, and live.
"Jesus is our only Saviour; and although millions who need to be healed will reject His offered mercy, not one who trusts
in His merits will be left to perish. While we realize our helpless condition without Christ, we must not be discouraged;
we must rely upon a crucified and risen Saviour. Poor, sin-sick, discouraged soul, look and live. Jesus has pledged His
word; He will save all who come unto Him.
(counsels for the Church p. 48)
God is such a merciful God. He sees our faults and character defects, yet loves us just as we are. Yet, He loves us too
much to leave us where we are. He loves us enough to put us in situations where our faults are revealed, and gives us a chance
to work on them. Somtimes when I think about the end of time, about all the things that the faithful must endure, I get
really scared. I know that I'm not strong enough to endure, I know I'm not faithful enough, I'm not sure enough of what
I believe. Today in worship the speaker asked those to stand who could defend the 7th-day Sabbath with verses from the Bible.
Only a very few stood. I've grown up Adventist all my life, but I don't know the verses by heart. I've never had to explain
to anyone what I belive. This is scary, really scary. If I can't defend my faith now, in time of peace, how in the world
am I going to do it under persecution? It's time to get serious. Millions are perishing from lack of truth, and we have the truth.
Events are happening quickly. There's no time to waste. God is our only hope.
I hope that you're not like me. I hope that you are firm in your faith and that you are living in the grace of Christ, at
peace. But if not, today is the day. Tomorrow may never come. We all have a decision to make. Don't let another minute pass
before you make yours.
"Choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord" Joshua 24:15
2 comments:
Well said, Mandy. Yesterday I had the thought that the way the world just gets busier and busier (Christian and non-Christian), sometimes I think we don't have time for Jesus to come. Really, if we don't have time for Him to come and live in our hearts and to trust Him with the every day--and maybe even let go of some things that are distracting--how will we have time for Him to come in reality? Thankfully (although scary for many of us) He's not limited to our time schedule. Like you said, "today is the day." Carpe Diem...with Jesus! :)
yes. it's also how i have felt a bit recently. thanks for putting into words and letting me know i am not alone.
Post a Comment