Sunday, July 26, 2009

The times

The Bible tells us that before Jesus comes again, there will be a great polarization. In other words, there won't be anyone riding the fence. Everyone will either be on God's side, or not. One way I believe that's going to happen is with the testing of God's people. They will have to demonstrate their faith in tangible ways. As a Seventh-day Adventist, I believe this will heavily involve the question of Sabbath. (I believe that the 7th day of the week, Saturday, is the true Sabbath). Here in El Salvador, many Adventists will be facing this challenge very soon. Due to the virus, the government has required the schools to suspend classes for several weeks. All this time must be made up. Many public schools have chosen to have classes on Saturdays to make up for this time. (Fortunately our Adventist school has other ways of making up the time). Many Adventists attend public schools and universities. Those people are going to have to make hard decisions. Please pray for our brothers and sisters here, that they will have the courage to stand firm in the faith and trust God to provide for them. And pray for the rest of us who aren't facing this trial yet, that we will be building our courage and faith for when the time does come.



As I mentioned before, my kids had two weeks off of school when I first got here, and they will have another two weeks off starting next week. This has put a lot of pressure on kids and staff alike, so people are exhausted and tempers are short around here these days. But by God's grace we will do what needs to be done and hopefully this virus will be over soon and no one else will get sick. Praise God none of us have gotten sick yet.





See Matthew 25

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew%2025:31-46;&version=31;

1 comment:

Laura Byrd said...

Wow! I will be praying.