That's right, Friday was the last day of school. How exciting! The kids have vacation from now until the middle of January sometime. What does this mean? Well, the kids over 18 will be working 8 hours a day. Some will be working grounds, others cooking in the houses, others in sewing, others in the bakery, etc. Those from 13 - 17 years old will be working part of the day and then will have other activities for the part of the day. There will be crafts and cooking classes and lots of sports. The activity I'm in charge of is a book club. Not sure how that is going to work out, but it should be fun. I think I'm also helping with volleyball. Not sure where I'll be working the rest of the day. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow.
There have been lots of changes in the last couple of weeks. Last time I wrote about two houses closing. That has happened and so far things seem to be going well. We got two new girls in our house and they seem to be adjusting ok. Another one of our kids left this weekend. I can only pray she will make good decisions in her new situation.
Today my Sabbath School class had a pool party to celebrate October birthdays (one of which was mine, so I got to be in on the fun). It was pretty fun, these kids don't get a chance to swim very often so they were pretty excited. We had special food and the teacher gave me a really cool pillow that she had made. It was nice to be able to do something special with a small group of kids - several of them were from my house so that was cool. (These are 12 and 13 year olds by the way).
Still working on my visa issues-please keep that in your prayers. Also, please, please, please keep praying for these kids and this place. There are so many impossible situations here that only God can solve. I know He can, all in His time. I've felt very burdened lately, but God is giving me strength day by day and He gave me a really cool verse the other day. I can't remember at the moment the exact text, but I think it's in Isaiah 49, but it says "I will save your children". It was very encouraging to me.
Hope everything is well wherever you are reading this. I miss you all and may God's blessings be with you....
PS - random fact: my house put up their Christmas tree on October 28. I personally think that's a bit early, what do you think?
1 comment:
The Lord has certainly given you a heart for His kids. We are all praying for your visa situation. God is in charge and may we follow His will.
Mom
Post a Comment