I have a couple of cool things to share this time. Yesterday our Sabbath School class went again to visit the nursing home (I guess you could call it a nursing home). It's always nice to visit with the elderly, but it was cool yesterday because our teacher began doing a little Bible study with them. They knew all the answers too (like the fact that there is only one true God, and that He is Father, Son and Holy spirit, stuff like that). But what I thought was really cool was that the lady in charge ran to get her Bible as soon as we started and was reading the texts with us and seemed really interested. So we'll see where that leads. It's also really cool to see the kids interacting with the "ancianos" as they call them, and giving them an opportunity for service.
Another thing that happened the other day was that one of the kids pulled me aside and out of the blue said, "God really does answer prayers". She said she had prayed for her family and that day she had gotten word that they were doing well. And she had also prayed for God to help her be nice to a girl she didn't like, and that day she had gone and asked forgiveness and made peace with the girl. It may sound like a small thing, but it's really a pretty big breakthrough in my opinion.
Life is always changing here, you never know what the next day will bring. Another one of my kids left on Monday. I didn't even get to say good-bye. Then we found out another kid was supposed to leave the next day. But he didn't end up leaving. Still not sure if he's going to or not. It just seems like a very crazy way to live life, never knowing if your life is going to be turned upside down one day. But I guess the kids here are used to it, and it doesn't seem to affect them like it does me. The one kid who was supposed to be leaving was one that we have been praying especially for, and sometimes it's hard to see where God is leading. But He is ever faithful and He knows the end from the beginnging.
I mentioned last time that vacation was here. Tomorrow we will be starting "summer" activities. In the mornings the younger kids will be doing activities to get ready for their Adventurer Club campout coming up. The older kids will be working in the morning and have activities in the afternoon. There will be classes in carpentry, cooking (deserts, mexican style, and Salvadoran style), and crafts. I'm helping with one of the cooking classes. Then they will each do a sport - soccer, basketball, or volleyball. I'm helping with volleyball. All in all, it should be fun. This schedule will last until the 25th of November. I can't remember what's happening after that.
Still working on my visa issues. Hopefully it will be taken care of by next week!
My brother is graduating this week from army training school. Kudos to him for making it through! And thanks to God for keeping him safe.
Miss you all! Love and prayers...
1 comment:
I wish you the best of success with the book club! What is this "nursing home"? I don't remember anything like that. Elizabeth Duran called me this week. She was with Tia Hilda. What a surprise! Got me thinking about El Salvador again. Were the two houses closed because of budget issues? Are you still using any of the the spreadsheets and databases that I set up? If so, "I sorry for you"! Is Don Moises still the accountant at ECAS? If so, be sure to give him my greetings sometime. Sorry for the ramble. My wife says hello. It's getting nice and cool up here, fall colors and all. It has frozen two nights already, but this morning it was a warm 60 degrees.... I got the ICC newsletter the other day and it had a picture of Rosa on the cover (can't remember her last name, but it said she is 16). I think she was in the all-girls' house when I was there. And to end this confused ramble, which of the Hogar's kids graduated? Have a great weekend!
Post a Comment