I think I wrote earlier about having my blood tested as part of applying for my visa. Well on Friday I got a call to go to the doctor's office immediately. Fearing the worst, I hurried to see her. She told me that I had tested positive for Hep B - meaning that I could not stay here. I was very upset by this news, and also confused because I had been vacinated for this. Well, the doctor decided that we would test again, this time a more specific test. But that was not to be until the following week (this past Tuesday). I confess my first reaction was was of great sadness and some anger. I couldn't believe God would have me come all the way here just to turn around and leave again. But at this point I also realized how badly I wanted to stay, how badly I want to be here. Thankfully, I went to the Lord in prayer over this situation. I realized that I was only trusting God as far as it was convienient for me. I was willing to come here when He called me, but was I willing to leave if He called me to do that? It took some soul and scripture searching, and a lot of time on my knees, but I finally was able to come to the point where if God called me to leave, I would would be ok with that. I would be heart-broken, but ok. A couple of days later, it occured to me that God did call me here, so maybe this was my opportunity to fight to stay here. I decided that if the results of the second test came back the same, I would try something else, I would keep searching for a way to stay. i wasn't giving up without a fight!
God, in His great mercy and love, somehow worked a miracle in my behalf (many were praying for me as well), and today I found out the 2nd test came back negative, so I'm here to stay for a while! Praise God!
I'm really glad that this happened though. My faith was tested, to see if I was really trusting God. My commitment to Him and to this place, these people, increased. God is getting ready to do something spectacular I believe. I don't know how He's going to do it, but I know He can - nothing is impossible for God. I ask for your prayers as we continue to fight spiritual warfare here - fighting for the souls of these kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment