So, I think I'm going to buy a goat. We went on Friday to one of the farm worker's houses to get pick up the goat, but no one was home. Maybe he'll bring it when he comes to work on Monday. Hopefully. You might be wondering what possesed me to want to buy a goat. Well, it's actually for a birthday present. The guy who owns it has three potential buyers, two of which want the goat to eat, and the third, Mario, wants it to raise. His birthday was this last week, and when I asked him what he wanted, he told me about this goat. So hopefully this week I'll be buying a goat.
This last week was vacation - holy week. I still had school, but the Hogar kids didn't. There was a lot of sleeping and watching movies going on. They did have to work some too, but I think they're mostly ready to go back to school. It's kind of nice to just have a little more relaxed atmosphere for a while.
I heard a worship thought the other night that really made me think. Our director of children's services was telling about how she came to be here. It's really amazing how many people and circumstances worked together to bring her here. I doubt any of them knew that by helping her a little bit, they would end up helping a bunch of orphans from El Salvador someday. But that's the way God works, maybe each person can only do a little, but all the "little" put together can turn into something really big. Also, you never know what God has in mind for someone. I believe that God has big plans for my kids here. Some days I ask myself over and over again, "Why am I here? What good am I doing?". But I must remember that I only see a small piece of the puzzle, I must trust God who sees the whole thing. Praise God for His amazing work!
I've also been thinking a lot about prayer lately. I was reading this book about a man who has a very powerful prayer ministry and all the things that God has done for him. I've been impressed for a while now that most people (including myself) really don't recognize the incredible power of prayer. So I asked God to begin to show me, without a doubt, that He answered prayers. And He did. Over a few days time, He answered several prayers in such a way that it was very obvious it was Him. But even with this evidence, I still find it hard to take the time to pray sometimes. I know it is something the devil doesn't want me to do, so please join me in praying that I will be able to resist temptation and do better about setting aside more time for prayer and Bible study.
We are coming down to the final days of earth's history. I know, it seems like we have been saying that forever, but I believe it's really close now. I've been praying (as have many others), that God would send out the workers, because there is so much work left to do! And He has been answering. There are many among my own friends who are making the decision to dedicate their lives to sharing the gospel, many abroad, and some right where they are. That is so cheering! What a wonderful God we have, He always provides!
Mangos!
Friday evening hymn practice
No comments:
Post a Comment