I woke up at about 1:30am on Monday morning to banging on the door and shouts outside my window. Confused and groggy I wondered what silly people were doing up at this time of night. Then I remembered - our kids were coming home today! These are our kids who have been away at college in Costa Rica and are now home for Christmas break. It's so exciting to have them back! It just feels more complete with them here. We had several who have finished now, and that is really exciting too, to see their success. For 5 of them, this was their first year in college. I remember them as kids, now they are men and women. It's really cool to see.
Another praise for this week - one of our workers was driving a big truck with a very heavy load of sand. As he was going down a hill his breaks gave way and he crashed into a house. No one was hurt thankfully. The part where he was driving was very dangerous and things could have been a lot worse. Praise God for his protection.
For the kids here futbol (soccer) is about the only game worth playing. Except during vacation. For some reason, during vacation, volleyball is the thing to play. Everyone wants to play volleyball. We have it as an assigned activity in the afteroon and I am supposed to help with it. I enjoy playing volleyball, but I really can't play at all. People who can't play are not at all appreciated among the kids. But I play anyway. I want to show the kids that you play to have fun, not to show off your ability (it's all about teamwork anyway). Teamwork is not very popular here, but we're still working on it.
Life goes on. We are doing well. God is good. Blessings to ya...
2 comments:
Hey! Hope things are going well for you on the last few days count down till Christmas. Glad that no one got hurt and that your older kids are home. It's nice being a parent to adopted kids :O)
Hey Mandy!
I just thought i'd drop you a note. I'm in town for a short while. I pray for you often, and i hope that you are having an amazing time. God Bless
Post a Comment