If someone had asked me, "would you like to walk to town in the rain and stand there in the rain for 4 hours in a large crowd of people while a bunch of high school bands play?" I don't think my response would have been wildly enthusiastic. But, take the same scenario and add my house full of girls and you have a different story. Tuesday finished off the month of independence with a band competition. Our school is one of the favorites, so of course we all wanted to go cheer them on. A little rain (or even a lot) was not enough to dampen our spirits. We did all get soaked, and we were all super tired the next day, but it was all worth it, just to spend that time together, to have that shared adventure.
Every day here brings something new and unexpected. Little things, big things, good things, sad things, they all add to the spice of life. I am learning so much here, about people, about myself, about God. I am so thankful that God has allowed me to be here, especially for a second time. So far my experience has been even richer this time than the first go-round.
well, it's getting late and tomorrow is another full day. In His service...
2 comments:
you are my hero! i'm sure the music was great!
praying for ya! miss ya!
~rach~~
All those piano lessons - "for such a time as this". I knew God would use you in a special way!
Mom
Post a Comment