What a long time its been since I wrote! I had every intention of writing more frequently, every so often something would happen
and I would think- that would make a great blog entry! But alas, good intentions do not a blog write. So please do not take
my lack of entries for a lack of happenings. Things just got busy, you know how it goes.
Anyway, enough of that, down to business. So, I've just returned to El Salvador after a wonderful month-long vacation
to my house. I thoroughly enjoyed the time spent with parents, brothers, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and friends.
I spent some fun days substitute teaching and even had some time to relax! It really is amazing what some time away can do.
I've come back to basically the same situation, but with a different perspective. Many have asked the question: Why do I
keep coming back? The answer is simple and yet complex at the same time. Simple, in that, God has called me here, and I have
decided that I will follow Him wherever He leads. Its about obedience, even when I don't fully understand the whys and wherefores.
But there are many other reasons why I keep coming back. The first reason being the kids. Maybe it sounds cliche, but I
have a special place in my heart for these kids, and the desire to help them is strong. That in no way diminishes the
love I have for people at home, but I guess I feel I can be of more use here. And for the most part I enjoy the way of life
here. I live in a beautiful country setting, plenty of space and fresh air. Lots of sunshine and earth. I love washing my
clothes by hand, I love being outdoors, and I love the focus on relationships over productivity. It's not perfect, there
are many things I would not choose, but I've learned to love the place and the people and I am content.
I'll be honest, the situation often looks dismal at best, but I have not given up my faith that God has something extra
special in mind. We are living in perilous times, but the knowledge that God is supreme is sufficient to give us joy in the
midst of sorrow, a smile in the midst of tears, peace in the midst of the storm, a song in the darkest night.
So my friends, wherever you might be as you are reading this, whatever situation you might find yourself in, please look
up, look to Jesus. He never promised life wouldn't be hard, He just promised to be there with us every step of the way.
"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you" Psalm 32:8
"Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the Lord" Psalm 31:24
1 comment:
thanks for the encouragement. you and your salvadorian family are in my prayers.
Post a Comment