Thursday, July 31, 2008

Preparing the field

Have you heard the story about the two farmers that prayed for rain? They both prayed very hard, but only one prepared his fields for rain. Which one do you think recieved the rain?

Faith requires action on our part. If we believe God can do something, we had better start acting as though we believe it! I am about to leave my home to go to a place God has called me to. I know that He is working there now, and that He has called me to join Him. But the question is, do I really believe that He will do great, God-sized things this year, or am I, by my actions, saying that God is limited by my abilities and talents and weaknesses? Am I willing to give Him my absolute best, and then praise Him, no matter the outcome? Am I willing to step out in faith and surrender all my plans and goals, all my weaknesses and failures, everything, to His care and His wisdom? I'm facing a large challenge in the next 9 months; it's a good thing I serve a great God, for whom NOTHING is impossible!

"To God, who is able to do immeasurably far beyond what we can ask or imagine, and who wants to do even more for us by His power in our lives, to Him be glory in the church and in Jesus Christ throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen" Ephesians 3:20, 21

No comments: